Welcome
Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn Impressionen von Wasserburg am Inn
The history of our house:

In the year 1439, when the old, wooden Wasserburg went up in flames, the history of the stone-built Wasserburg begins.

Since that event, stone became the only allowed construction material for the buildings.
Even today, many of the original buildings from this time can be admired. The so-called "Kern House" dates from Gothic times.

In the 16th century, the larger, left part of the structure, was owned by the Kern family, a rich merchant dynasty.

1738 - 1740 a neighbouring building was joined by a splendid early rococo face. The master craftsman who did the stucco face was no less a person than the well-known Munich court plasterer Johann Baptist Zimmermann, who also embellished with frescos and stuccos the Münchner Residenz, the Wieskirche and the Schloß Nymphenburg.

In 1795 the Kern house was bought by the city of Wasserburg as the town´s court house. Today the district court is still located in the left wing of the building.

In the right part, you can find the hotel and the restaurant Paulanerstuben, located in the heart of the city. For more than a half century and two generations family-owned.